Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fasting + Feasting

Well children, I was scouring MDA last night and came across a post talking about weight loss. I realized that if I do indeed want to lost weight, Intermittent Fasting is going to have to be a part of the process as I don't trust my ability to exercise consistently. I did a little research and read a lot o good things about the fast-5 plan. At first, I was a little skeptical but found after digging a little deeper, the principles, if applied correctly, were in line with medical findings. So, today I begin my first day of using a 5 hour eating window. 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. = food food food. I already skip breakfast frequently, in fact I have been sleeping in until at least noon over this winter break, so waiting 'til 5 p.m. to eat is a no-brainer. However, everyone cannot take this approach. Most people should slowly move the time backwards. This is just my body's ability to sleep until sunset and being used to waiting for a while for snacks.

What prompted this immediate application? After I posted my latest entry last night, I went back downstairs for about 8-10 ounces more organic venison (hey, at least I was eating the good stuff, right?). I don't want to overeat anymore. I'm not going to lose fat that way.

So far, it has been a successful venture. I have been food free since I woke up and can begin chomping down in 2 hours. My biggest problem is going to be overcoming the urge to overeat, but I'm going to do my best to stay within the lines (after all this is my first day).

After I finish typing this entry, I'm going to take care of some other to-do items: Cleaning out my backpack and getting it ready for my last semester of high school which unfortunately begins tomorrow, reading a chapter out of my AP Human textbook, calling the Sprint store to see if I can get a deal on a new phone (My current one does not believe in charging and has been out of use for weeks. My dad has threatened to cut off my line.), actively playing for 30 minutes, and spending some quiet time with God. (All of these are easier said than done.)

Well, fellow Neanderthals, it's shaping up to be a lovely day. Hope you're all doing well!
-LadyGrok


No comments:

Post a Comment